Project XOX allows immersion of the participants through an interactive virtual experience. Different video clips will be presented in order to demonstrate the escalation of violence in a romantic relationship. Teenagers will have to make choices and answer questions using a tablet.
The goals of Project XOX are to educate, better equip, and to prevent violence in a romantic relationship. By this it implies to:
- Explain the different forms of violence including the distribution of intimate images.
- Inform teenagers about the consequences of violence among victims and aggressors.
- Explain the procedure of a criminal investigation and the ensuing legal process.
- Present the cycle of violence in dating relationships.
- Inform teenagers on the existing aid resources.
The result of the work carried by the Project XOX was made possible due to the collaboration of several partners specialized and devoted to the well-being of the youth. The project was thus conceived from a collaboration between the 2nd stage women’s shelter L’Égide, Régie intermunicipale de police Roussillon, Châteauguay Police Department and The Montérégie Crime Victims Asssistance Centre (CAVAC).